Mission & budget
Who is EENA?
EENA, the European Emergency Number Association, is a non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, with the mission to contribute to improving the safety and security of people.
Our mission: To improve the safety and security of the people.
What is our vision?
Our vision is that every citizen can access emergency services and receive the appropriate information and care during an emergency or a disaster. To that end, we want to be the organisation in the sector driving change and making an impact. What we do, we do it for the people we serve, and we never forget it. We intend to be a highly effective, efficient and fast-moving organisation, trusted and credible for our actions, intentions and results. We want the people working for and with us to be inspired to drive change, and to effectively do it. We want anyone in this field to know that they can rely on us, we want them to feel they are part of a community that looks forward and gets things done. We don’t settle for anything less than excellence in what we do.
What do we believe in?
In transparency We advocate transparency, and we put it in practice everyday
In integrity We work with ethics above all, we stay true to our vision,
we are aware of our responsibilities. We are incorruptible.
In people We believe in being a family-like community of people
enthusiastically working together for people.
In change Every problem has a solution so we think outside the box;
In getting things done, We tell what we do and we do what we tell. We provide
And how do we do that?
We serve as a discussion platform for all stakeholders in the emergency services field: public authorities & emergency services, decision makers, researchers, associations and solution providers.
So, who are the EENA Members?
The EENA memberships include more than 1300 emergency services representatives from over 80 countries world-wide, 90 solution providers, 11 international associations/organisations, more than 200 Members of the European Parliament and more than 90 researchers.
EENA Advisory board
The EENA Advisory Board gathers private companies, consultancies and international organisations/associations. The purpose of the EENA Advisory Board is to advise EENA and its members in order to achieve the EENA objectives.
Would you like more details? Take a look at the strategic vision of the EENA Board here.
EENA BUDGET 2016
In 2016, EENA’s revenues reached 1,108,489 EUR, of which:
- 44% from private companies membership;
- 35% from EU funded projects;
- 18% from events;
- 3% from other streams of revenue.
- 63% for personnel and consultants;
- 37% for events, office rental and supplies, website, business trips (not exhaustive)
NB: EENA is not structurally funded by the European Commission and private companies cannot take decisions for EENA as they are members of an advisory board.
You can consult the EENA registration statutes and balance sheets on the right hand-side.
- EENA Board - Strategic overview (320 kb)
- Annual Report 2016 (9 mb)
- Annual Report 2015 (6 mb)
- Annual Report 2014 (3 mb)
- Updated official registration of EENA as a non profit association within the Belgian law (198 kb)
- Balance sheet 2016 (6 kb)
- Balance sheet 2015 (5 kb)
- Balance sheet 2014 (6 kb)
- Balance sheet 2013 (6 kb)
- Balance sheet 2012 (6 kb)
- Balance sheet 2011 (17 kb)
- Balance sheet 2010 (17 kb)
- Balance sheet 2009 (9 kb)
- Balance sheet 2008 (15 kb)
- Balance sheet 2007 (9 kb)