112 Awards Ceremony 2012
18 April 2012 - Riga, Latvia
The 112 Awards Ceremony - organised by EENA - was held on 18 April 2012 in Riga, Latvia.
We would like to thank the members of the EENA's Advisory Board and of the 112 Emergency Services Staff Network for their help in selecting the Awardees of this 112 Awards Ceremony 2012. The selection is now completed and the winners have been identified. They were announced during a Gala dinner that was held on 18 April 2012 in Riga during the EU Emergency Services Workshop 2012.
112 Awards were delivered to individuals and organisations in the following categories:
- Outstanding Education on 112 - Rewards organisation(s) or institution(s) that have demonstrated clear results in raising awareness on 112 as the emergency number that can be used all over the EU
- Outstanding Call-Taker - Recognise a call taker / dispatcher who have contributed to save a life or several lives by handling a particularly tricky call to 112.
- Outstanding Emergency Service Integration - Reward initiatives that have contributed to a better collaboration and integration between different emergency services such as EMS, Rescue and Police. This award could be awarded for the quality of physical or virtual integration
- Outstanding Rescue - Recognises a call taker / dispatcher and professional rescuers who have contributed to save a life or several lives by an emergency rescue involving a call to 112 and an outstanding response from the emergency services. Ideally this case would show the courage of first-responders as well as the quality of the call-taking.
- Outstanding PSAP Initiative - Reward an initiative from PSAPs that have contributed to save more lives and to improve citizens' safety. Applicants should demonstrate that this initiative is unique and has a strong added value for the future of 112.
- Outstanding Emergency Call Center - Reward an emergency call centre that has achieved clear results for citizens' safety.
- Outstanding Political Initiative - Recognises politician(s) who have contributed to a better promotion and/or functioning of 112.
- Outstanding National 112 System - Rewards national organisation(s) or institution(s) that have implemented an efficient 112 system, considering technical and operational results. Applicants are expected to provide figures showing the impact on citizens' safety.
- Outstanding Citizen and Rescue - Recognises individual(s) who have contributed to save a life or several lives by calling 112 or making sure that 112 was called or/and an emergency rescue involving a call to 112 and an outstanding response from the emergency services.
Since 2007, the 112 Awards Ceremony is organised by the European Emergency Number Association every year. The event intends to recognise and congratulate individuals and organisations particularly engaged in improving and promoting the European emergency number 112. The awardees are selected by all EENA members.
View below a review of the 112 Awards Ceremonies held till now: